Thursday 2 August 2007

Dog Poo Wrapped Just For You

I went for run last night (madness I know) along the Whorlies track going from Beckford through to Crashmore lane. What did I find along the way? 4 bags of dog poo that the owners had kindly collected in a bag and then left! What is going on? Is it the thought and embarrassment of walking along carrying a little, sweet smelling package? Is it the quandary of what to do with that package when you get home? What ever the excuse, there is no excuse! You have a dog, you clear up after your dog and you take the rubbish home with you PERIOD! You wouldn't leave a package like that in the high street in Cheltenham, or drop food wrappings out of your car window driving down the M5, then why leave that rubbish in the countryside where someone else has to pick it up! Take responsibility for your own lives and live them responsibly or stay at home where the dog can poo in your own garden. It's not just along this track I've found neat packages everywhere on Bredon Hill. If I find out who it is I might be tempted to deliver a little package of my own, and I'll leave you to guess just what that package might contain.

4 comments:

muddyboots said...

we get this on our conservation walk, only the person hangs it on the fence!

Anonymous said...

Bags of poo - oops - it wasn't me but what can happen is the dog owner responsibly bags the poo, often at the beginning of a walk, then leaves it, intending to pick it up later, but either a) too dark to find, b) forgets c) goes home via another route.
If I see such stuff, I will pick it up. As to being embarrased - nah! If you pick up warm shight using a bag as a thin glove, and then tie a knot in it, while folk watch, the act of walking along the road is akin to carrying a badge of honour saying 'don't blame me for dog shight, I'm a responsible dog owner'. On behalf of the a,b and c's above - I apologise.

Jake Freestone said...

I'd never thought of it as a badge on honour, perhapse there are gold, silver and bronze awards, depending on size of package? I know it's only a minority of people but it is so frustrating, especially when there is a dog bin provided at the Beckord end of the track. Cheers

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.