Wednesday 26 June 2013

Heading Down to Texas - Day 10

After 9 wonderful days in Canada travelling across two great prairie provinces it was time to migrate south to continue the learning.  I have say a huge thank you to all of my hosts in Canada, fellow Nuffield Alumni and everybody else, it wouldn't have been possible without your help.  A special thanks though to Barb, John, Josh, Erin, Morgan and Lyndon for putting me up for my stay in  Saskatoon, (keep practising the Mario cart - you know who you are!).  It was an early start for the flight from Saskatoon to Denver and some of the farming scenes below where completely different to those of home.  These circles are all pivot irrigation booms, creating a 'pac-man' like view as far as the snow covered rocky mountains.  Stunning and vast!
I didn't have much time to take in the sights of Denver airport as it really was a sprint to catch the next plane down to Houston in Texas.  When I got there however can anyone spot what is missing from the picture below?
Yes that's correct, no planes!  There has been a delay to our flight (and others) so I have had a lay up at Houston for longer than I thought, 6 hours at the moment which has allowed to catch up on some e-mails from home, and finally get bag up to date on the blogging.  Well you have to take the positives out of these scenarios!

No comments: