Saturday 5 March 2011

LEAF Training Day Success

Yesterday was a first for Farmer Jake.  I was asked by LEAF to give a talk about blogging and twitter to a group of 10 farmers as part of a funded two day course.  The course was aimed at giving these farmers the skills and tools to host inspirational farm visits.

I was taking part in day two of the training session along with Susie and Patrick (from Green Shoots Media) who were talking and demonstrating photography and film.  This picture shows Susie going through a selection of photographs giving tips on light, shade, framing and many other tips, the paparazzi hold dear to their hearts!  I spoke to the group for about 20 minutes explaining, how I started blogging and tweeting, who inspired me and when I started.  Then the group split up for a more in depth discussion about how to blog, what skills are needed, how long it takes and so on.  We talked for a while about twitter as well, and I see a few more followers for No1FarmerJake (thanks) I had a really great morning, engaging with a wide range of people coming from different farming backgrounds.  They all had one thing in common, wanting to enhance the experience of visitors onto their farms and for that I applaud, each and every one of them.  I look forward to reading some new blogs and news from each of the farms as and when they start to appear.  Good luck everyone.

No comments: