Thursday 16 November 2017

Great Companions

Great Companions,

For the last 3 years we have been experimenting with companion crops in our oilseed rape fields.  The companions are mainly based around legumes to try and increase the amount of atmospheric nitrogen that we can capture and then make available to our farming system, and why wouldn’t we?  The atmosphere is 76% nitrogen and yet our cereal and brassica plants cannot use any of it.  But legumes can-and they do it very quickly.
For the first time we have been using berseem clover and vetches together, all planted at the same time as the oilseed around the middle of August.  It has amazed me how quickly the seeds geminated and the speed at which they have continued to grow.

Almost immediately the plants germinated in the no-till soil, where the surface hadn’t dried out and the vetch was soon putting a decent tap root down in to the soil.  This I think has helped the oilseed rape, slightly slower to germinate, by starting to create routes down through the soil in search of nutrients and water.

After 6 weeks I dug up some of the vetch plants to reveal that they had already started to nodulate and the bacteria has started to convert nitrogen from the atmosphere into a plant available form.  This works really well when the soil is aerated, (soil needs oxygen) there is a host and the right bacteria are present in the soil.

The oilseed rape plants look healthy, the weeds have virtually all been competed out and with no broad leaf weed herbicide,

due to the canopy development and we are producing nitrogen for free.  We will see how the companions develop over the winter before they are all terminated, releasing their stash of nitrogen for the oilseed rape plants to use next spring and summer.


2 comments:

marynelson said...

My name is mary,i am here to testify of how i got cured from KIDNEY
CANCER I was searching through the net for cure on KIDNEY CANCER and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Scofua cured them. I was scared because
never believed in the Internet but i decided to give him a try because i was having no hope of been cured of this VIRUS.so i decided to contact him with his email that was listed on the comment when i contacted him he gave me hope and sent a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it help me a lot, now i’m a free person,my KIDNEY CANCER TEST result came out NEGATIVE. I pray for you DR SCOFUA, God will give him everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being a sincere and great man. I’m so happy.you can also contact him if you have any problem via
Email:drscofuaherbalhome02219@gmail.com HE ALSO CURES OTHER DISEASES
LIKE (1).HERPES CURE(2).ALS (3).HEPATITIS B(4).HIV/AIDS CURE(5).HPV
CURE(6).SPIRITUAL HEALINGS (7).ASTHMA(8).DIABETES(9)PENIS ENLARGEMENT

Unknown said...

I contacted herpes' I was told there is no herpes cure except treatment to
control it. I totally lost hope. All I could think was losing my life it
was so embarrassing to have this virus, few weeks ago I ready about a
possible natural herbs cure which was guaranteed. And I ordered the natural
herbs treatment from Dr voodoo after some weeks I got 100? cure. Now I'm so
excited to share this testimony contact Dr voodoo WhatsApp number
+2348140120719 also e-mail him at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com